Every now and then, even I come out with a
- "Geeks use resources efficiently: most people can count to 10 on their fingers. I can count to 1023!"
- Larry Lessig: "Code Is Law". Patri: "Law Is Code"
- Most apparent conspiracies result from consistent local self-interest with no need for global coordination.
- "Communism is a political system which looks great on paper...if you can't read."
- "A little communication goes a long way"
- "There is no idea so true that someone will not take it too far (and apply it too often and too broadly)."
- "Your heart is for understanding yourself, your head is for understanding the world. People often mix this up."
- "I don't know if I'm a big thinker or a small one: I like really big goals (changing the world) and really small steps (that I can do now)."
- "A scientist can be tactful & PC with his mouth, but not his ears or eyes and certainly not his mind. Truth must reign there above all. For your first allegiance is either to Truth or to Ignorance. Worry about offending, and you are choosing Ignorance."
- The Uploaders Prayer
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray this disk my brain to keep.
And if I die before I wake,
Thank god this backup I did make.
Some quotes from my relatives
- David Friedman
- "The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations."
- Milton Friedman quotes
Last Modified: July, 2004